Asalam-wa-lekum all you beautiful people,here comes my first attempt at making this awesome recipe and let me tell you it turned out really great.Marag is basically an arabic dish which has now become very popular in Hyderabad.People love Marag for its tender meat and delicious soup.It is one of the must have starter in all the parties.My husband had made a special request to make this one when he saw it at the RCI event from mona's blog,My recipe is the outcome of 2 recipes from Different sites and 1 from my friends chef ,so here's the outcome, a new recipe., Hope you all will like it and also try it. Its really easy to make it and it tastes really awesome!! INGREDIENTS: Step 1 For the handi
- Meat with bone 1/2kilo
- Ginger-Garlic paste 3Tbspns
- Turmeric powder 1/4th Tspn
- Ajinomoto 1/2 Tspn
- Peppercorns(whole) 2Tspns
- Shazeera 1Tspn
- Coriander leaves 1bunch
- Mint leaves 1/2 bunch
- Water 5 cups
- Salt to taste
For the shorba
- Onion 1medium(Fried to light brown)
- Roasted Khopra(dessicated coconut) 4Tbpns
- Cashew nut (handful)(Grind and make it to a paste)
- Dalchini 1inch
- (Cardamom)Elaichi 4-5
- Coriander powder1 Tspn
- Cumin Powder 1Tspn
- Garam masala powder 1Tspn
- Green chillies 6
- Curd 200grms
- Black pepper powder 1-2 Tspns
- Coriander leaves 1/2 bunch
- Oil 5Tbspns
- Ghee 1Tspn
- Pressure cook Mutton with step 1 ingredients for 10minutes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add ghee to it,also add dalchini and cardamom.
- Fry for a while and add ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste,keep frying till the ginger-garlic paste becomes brown.
- Add cashwenut paste,Onion paste and khopra and fry till oil starts leaving sides.
- Later add coriander leaves and curd and keep frying till 30minutes on low flame.The more you fry the masala the tastier the Marag will be.Keep adding water say about a cup while frying if ur masala starts sticking at the bottom.
- Add Coriander powder,cumin powder and garam masala.
- Finally add black pepper powder and fry for 2 more minutes and mutton shorba which you pressure cooked with step 1 ingredients.
- Boil for 5-10minutes ,Serve hot with Rumali roti.