Thursday, June 30, 2016
1. Milk 1liter
2. Basmati rice 1/2cup
3. Condensed milk 1can(400gms)
4. Fresh cream (400gms)
5. Sugar 1/4th cup
6. Mango essence 1-2tspns
7. Mangoes 3-4(depends on how sweet they are)
8. Mango 1 (cut into very small pieces for garnishing)
• Soak basmati rice in water for about 30mins.
• Boil milk then add basmati rice to it and cook till rice is almost 90 percent cooked.
• Cool the milk and run the hand blender in it,so that the rice is broken to very fine granules.
• Blend in condensed milk, fresh cream and sugar separately in a bowl,then add this mixture to the milk n cook for around 10mins.
Keep the consistency of the milk medium thick.Lastly add mango essence to the phirni.Cool the phirni.
Blend the mangoes to a fine paste and add it to the phirni.
Transfer the phirni to a serving dish and garnish it with mango pieces and refrigerate.