Monday, October 12, 2009

Baigan Ki Chutney-Quick Easy &Tasty


This is a Chatpata Chutney that i ate at my mamis place that made me instantly fall in love with it.When she told me its so easy to make & can b made in about 10mins time with just 2 baigan..i decided that i will making it soon for my family and will also post it soon..i dedicate this recipe to my Dearest Mami...thanks Mami..u rock
INGREDIENTS:
  1. Baigan (medium sized) 2
  2. Tomato (medium) 1
  3. Coriander Leaves 1/2 bunch
  4. Tamarind 1Tspn
  5. Tumeric Powder 1/2 Tspn
  6. Salt to taste
  7. Methi 1Tspn
  8. Mustard seeds(Rai) 1Tspn
  9. Maash ki daal 1Tspn
  10. Green Chillies 5
For The Bagar:
  1. Curry leaves few
  2. Mustard seeds 1Tspn
PROCEDURE:
  • Heat 2Tbspns oil in a kadai and fry rai,methi and maash ki dal for a minute.
  • Now add tomato and baigan cut to small pieces.also add green chillies,turmeric powder and salt.
  • Cook till Baigan and tomato become a little tender.Finally add coriander leaves.
  • Grind to paste with tamarind.Keep aside.
  • Heat little oil abt 4Tspns add mustard seeds and curry leaves,fry till the curry leaves become a little crispy,Add this to the baigan paste.
Combination: Tala hua Gosht ,Idly.

16 comments:

mona said...

Anjum, I usually prepare Baingan ka bharta, chutney style.
But I am sure gonna try your Mami's recipe, Jazakallahu Khair for sharing! Looks very yummy!!

Rahin said...

this sounds so simple and delicious m gonna try this soon

Sana said...

Heyy, was jus checking , thot 2 say a hiiii...i c u hav updated ur profile...gud...waise u doing a gr8 job here....keep it up bhabz.....u r d best....lovvve u !

Anjum said...

Sana...my lovely sis...i love u tooo lotz...thanks 4 dropping in ..u lifted my spirits...jazakallah khair..u sisters r like my own sisters..i love u all lotz

Nizsha said...

Assalamalikum Anjum,

Jazak Allah Khayr for your lovely recipes.I have already cooked your bagara khana,dalcha and marag.They've all been a hit with my family :)
I've never heard of baigan ki chutny.I'll try it out very soon and will let you know.

Humaira said...

Eid Mubarak to you an your family Anjum. Long time no new post jaldi kuch post kariye.

Mona said...

Anjum, I tried the recipe and it was superb! Jazakallahu Khair for sharing!

syeda said...

it sounds so simple, and you know I am reading your blog on an empty tummy, you know what this will do?plz plz send the chutney over to my place:)

Anonymous said...

Anjum All Your recipes are good but can u suggest something where less oils and fats are used

Dori said...

Eggplant is delicious so many ways, this looks awesome!

Mrs.Ahmed said...

Asalamwalikam,
for the first time i vist your blog,your good recipes,
would love to try your chutney recipe:)

Dori said...

Delicious! I can't get enough of spicy, savory eggplant!

Aseem Saxena said...

Dear Anjum,

What do you call mash ki daal in english?

Or can you put some photos of the same?

Regards,

Aseem

Anonymous said...

I tried this and it tasted so good.
Thanks for the recipe

maria said...

For all those who are hestitating trying this chutney....Dont be......u will love it...even if u dont like brinjal/egg plant...try it..u will not know whether it has this vegetable or not.

Anonymous said...

I have read so many poѕts abοut thе blogger lоverѕ howevег this paгаgгaph is
in fact a fаstidious post, kеeρ it up.


Stοp by my homepаge :: ramadan 2013